starring Jon Lovitz
Production Number: 110
Original Airdate: June 29, 1994
Written by: Jon Vitti
Directed by: Dan Jeup
Special Guest: Rod McKuen as Himself
Jay's boss, Duke, has just made a new invention,
"PHILLIPSVISION", which alters movies to make them more "likeable". Jay is disgusted with Duke's invention but when Duke is discovered to have a fatal disease, Jay must find a cure for Duke's ailment.
Opening Phone Gag
"Hello Jay, this is the devil. Despite what you think I am not the reason Cher won an oscar. I am the
reason Marisa Tomei won an oscar. (evil laugh)"
Opening TV Gag
A monkey bangs on a rock vending machine with a bone. Out drops a can of "Pensa Cola" which the
monkey drinks. (Parody of 2001: A Space Odyssey .)
End Theater Gag
Jay says "Is the snackbar still open ?"
• Smokey and the Spartacus
• One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest
• Jurassic Park II
• Marty impersonates Sylvester Stallone from Rocky.
• Duke says if he wants Citizen Kane's last word to be "Shwing" then that's the way it's going to be. He then falls over and
says "Rosebud. I mean Shwing !".
• Jay refers to Lorenzo's Oil as "Phantacrap".
• Jay wants Gone with the Wind, My Left Foot, Terms of Endearment, Love Story, and Bambi original endings restored.
Did You Notice
• The small hill on the beach Jay stands on is really Marlon Brando buried.
• Adolf Hitler's dog's name is Shnitzi.
• Frances kid's cartoon hero is Winey Jacques.
• Jay stays at the Carlton International hotel.
• Jay's walking style in Duke's hotel is known as the elephant walk.
• PHILLIPSVISION is the name of Duke's movie changing invention.
• The New York Chronicle newspaper reads "Phillips Stock Soars on Death Rumors".
• Rod McKuen and Duke met at a cat lovers convention.
• In the scrabble game Duke invents the word "Quyzbuk" other words he previously made up were "Dukeliscous", and
• Duke's building sign reads "Phillips Broadcasting Formerly Duke Phillips' House of Chicken and Waffles".
• Duke worships "Pan the goat god".
• Device used to kill patients is called "The Suicide Machine" with a sign of an old lady that says "You have to be as sick as
me to use the Suicide Machine".
• There are 32 Jays when Duke has kaleidoscope vision.
• Cryogenics sign reads "Cryogenics Institute Home of the Corpsicle".
• Franklin invents the Fishma Baby Whirlamajig.
• Party sign reads "Duke Phillips' 'Hey Death, Get a Life' Party".
Created by: Al Jean & Mike Reiss
Co-Producer: Steve Tompkins, J. Michael Mendel
Produced by: Rich Moore, Richard Raynis
Executive Producers: James L. Brooks, Al Jean, Mike Reiss
Starring: Jon Lovitz, Nancy Cartwright, Christine Cavanaugh, Gerrit Graham, Doris Grau, Judith Ivey, Nick Jameson,
Maurice La Marche, Charles Napier, and Kath Soucie.
Music by: Alf Clausen
Theme by: Hans Zimmer
Animation Produced by: Film Roman, INC
A Toupee Production ™